The goal of this program is to continue our organization’s mission to develop our youth into student-athletes who have great respect for each other, the game, and the community. This goal parallels with the efforts to teach fundamentals, sportsmanship, and competition. Our program will thrive on progress year over year, measured by growth in numbers, character, and skill/competition progression.
Twisters Full-Time Travel (FTT) & Part-Time Travel (PTT) Softball
Twisters Part-Time Travel Teams (FKA SoNic) will typically be chosen in August (after the rec reason). The PTT teams consist of players who participate in the BYB rec league and are identified as top players in the rec league by coaches, board members, and an objective Team Selection Committee. These PTT teams will not interfere with rec team practices or games, but will include:
- Winter Indoor Practices (January to March)
- Additional clinics and instruction
- Approximately five practices/scrimmages, mostly on weekends or Sundays
- Three tournaments to be played locally or within an hour drive
- Uniform jersey and hat
- Minimal fee (in addition to the rec league fee)
Full-Time Travel Teams (FTT) will typically be chosen in July/August based on separate evaluation. These players are not allowed to participate in the recreational league, nor will these teams play against the recreational teams. FTT includes:
- Indoor, winter practices starting in January each year
- Five to Six tournaments
- Participation in the Stateline Premier League (for full time travel teams)
- Minimum once per week outdoor practices during the spring/summer
- Uniform Jersey and batting helmet
- Access to clinics, camps, and personal instruction via Belvidere Youth Baseball, Inc.
- Fees of $450 to $550
Full-time travel programs are a big commitment. Players who sign up for this and make the teams are expected to commit fully to games, practices, and tournaments. Partial commitments will not be acceptable, playing time is not guaranteed, and no refunds will be given for any reason.
PTT/FTT Team and Coaches Selection Process